Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feeling A Tad Bit Magenta?!

Magenta... that's what I like to call the feeling that most of us all know but can’t quite describe (all of my 80's TV watchers will catch the reference). I tweeted about this exact thing today. The magenta feeling is when you're not quite blue (sad) or green with envy; you're not red with anger, or yellow with fear. You are just magenta, it’s that ho-hum feeling that's hard to describe to anyone who hasn’t felt it before.
The magenta effect usually happens either when something is going wrong in your life or exactly the opposite when nothing is going on in your life. I recently have experienced this feeling a lot. I work my job, I spend time with my boyfriend, exercise, and do my normal day-to-day stuff, but something is missing. As I have been hearing about good news from friends and acquaintances, I wouldn’t exactly say that I have been green with envy, but I definitely haven’t been my usual extra exuberant self. My point in saying all of this isn’t to bore everyone with my life story, but I think that it’s important to talk about our feelings with our friends so that we can all deal with our issues better and in a healthy way.
Usually my magenta feeling doesn’t last long, after a good bubble bath and a glass of wine the world is renewed and all is well! On the other hand I have been feeling magenta more often than normal. In my own case I think a lot of it has to do with not living up to my full potential. I know that I have so much to offer yet I feel stifled and bored. This fact has pushed me into trying some new things; for starters this blog is one of them. I’ve always loved talking to others and sharing my opinion and I’ve always been a decent writer, so I thought why not join those two things to create my very own blog. Also, I’ve finally made the concrete decision to go back to school for my masters in counseling. I’ve decided not to sit and feel sorry for myself and actually do something about this dreadful feeling. To some these things may not seem like that big of a deal, and in all actuality they aren’t. In my opinion it’s not always the big steps that we take, instead it’s the small steps that we take daily that make a true change in our lives.
So please let me know if you’ve ever felt “magenta”, and if so how do you deal with it? I can’t wait to hear from you!!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! We have much in common! No matter what you do or decide to do it IS a big deal and you should be extremely proud of yourself! Go with the flow of what life has to offer and enjoy every moment of it. If it doesn't feel good to you, don't do it. If it does feel good to you - savor it! When I am feeling "magenta" I play a game with myself (lol) - I think of as many happy thoughts as I possibly can and before you know it, my energy and mood shifts or I approach everything I am doing and going to do with much eagerness - eagerness as to what will unfold! You will find excitement in your eagerness and then before you know it, great things start to unfold right in front of you! And remember - greats things can be something as simple as literally stopping to smell the roses! I also meditate every day! You are doing a great job! Be proud of yourself!!!!! Cindy http://www.cindy-ortiz.com

    ReplyDelete